Patient Handling Training Manikins
A versatile manikin which is ideal for safe lifting and handling training, and emergency evacuation planning.
PATIENT HANDLING MANIKIN
A versatile manikin for all Health & Safety training within the Health Care and Care Home sectors, including: early mobilisation, emergency evacuation and working with lifting/transfer/evacuation equipment and general moving and handling exercises. It is the perfect manikin to use during hospital emergency evacuation drills or for planning emergency evaucation in your care home.
Health and Social Care workers are statistically more at risk of lifting and handling injuries at work than those in other sectors. Help your staff avoid the risks identified in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974) - train them to avoid the back injuries associated with unsafe, high risk moves by training with these realistic ‘patients’.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Now constructed in Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1 - the new material is tough, safe to handle and very easy to clean.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution gives the 'feel' of a real patient/client - adult size and 'real world' weight for realistic training.
- Constructed with an elongated plastic spine which allows the manikin to sit upright in bed, a wheelchair or hoist - essentially acting as a ‘conscious’ patient would.
- Strong webbing loop at the back allows easy handling and storage.
- Soft body joints to eliminate the risk of pinch welts and bruising; common injuries when using plastic bodied manikins.
- An immobilisation/extrication collar can be fitted around the neck of our adult manikins to promote proper casualty care.
- Supplied with pyjamas which are easily washable for improved hygiene in hospital and care home environments.
- Comes complete with soft boots which are easily replaced if damaged.
WHO USES THEM?
Just a few of our customers in the Health & Care sector in the UK
- Age UK - Training Centres
- Bedford NHS Hospital
- Beechdales Health Centre - Walsall
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- BUPA Care Services
- Cambridge University Hospital
- Care Principals Ltd
- Castleford & Normington District Hospital
- Colchester Hospital NHS
- Conwy & Denbighshire NHS Trust
- Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS ICO trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- East Surrey Hospital
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Epsom & St Helier Uni Hospital NHS Trust
- Frimley park hospital
- Glenfield General Hospital - Leicester
- Handle With Care Training Ltd
- Hazelhurst Nursing Home
- Hospital Aids
- LPS Training & Consultancy
- Nelson Hospital - London
- Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
- Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT
- Royal Marsden Hospital - London
- Sandwell Primary Care Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- Southampton General Hospital
- Stretford Memorial Hospital
- Sunderland royal Hospital
- The Care Bureau
- The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS
- The Wellington Hospital
- West Suffolk Hospital
- Princess Alexander Hospital - Loganholme
Moving and handling heavy items carries certain risks. Please read and distribute these guides to all involved in using our training dummies
Patient Handling Training Manikins Videos
Available in 3 weights: 20, 30 & 50Kg. The 30Kg model can be considered to be the industry standard.
||NATO Stock No
|30Kg Patient* Industry Standard
Related Manikin Accessories
New products, Forthcoming Events, Special Offers, Expert Insight.
CONNECT WITH US
Join the Ruth Lee community.
Talk :: Chat :: Contribute :: Engage
For Professionals Who Save Lives