Ships Rescue Training Manikins
The perfect manikin for all Health & Safety onboard vessels - can be used onboard or in the water as required.
SHIPS RESCUE TRAINING MANIKIN
The SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) regulations require onboard training to refresh the knowledge of all crew members and verify the safe operation through regular training, drills and exercises - our manikins can be a vital tool in achieving that.
This model is a variation on the Man Overboard manikin developed in conjunction with the British Navy and the RNLI and is the most popular model within the shipping industry for all emergency training drills including: mandatory Enclosed Space Entry and rescue drills, Abandon Ship and Emergency Evacuation exercises. This manikin can be used for Man Overboard exercises (using a buoyancy aid) or you can use our specific Man Overboard model which is lighter at 40Kg. These manikins provide a realistic challenge that will help improve procedures, communication and the overall preparedness of your crew.
Please also consider our fire simulation equipment to add life and realism to your onboard exercises,
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tough, flame retardant Polyester - conforms to BS EN ISO 15025:2002 - the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests.
- Anatomically correct, these manikins can be used in marine evacuation systems and ship's life saving appliances, including survival craft equipment.
- The ships rescue manikin can be safely used in water and will float - additional bouyancy aids should be used in very rough waters.
- 60Kg in weight gives a realistic weight in water or around the vessel eg living accommodation or engine room.
- The neck provides the ability to fit an immobilisation/extrication collar - to promote proper casualty care.
- Polyethylene strips running from shoulder to knee allow flexibility but prevent the manikin from bending when using stretchers or recovery devices like a Jason's Cradle.
- Ideal for compliance with SOLAS Chapter III Regulation 19.
WHO USES THEM?
- Petans Professional Safety Trainers
- Warsash Maritime Academy
- Lotek Safety
- MCA Training Centre
- Maersk Training
- Marine Consultancy Services
- North Star Shipping
- Wilelmsen Ships Service
- Viking Life Saving Equipment
- P&O Ferries
- Orkney Ferries
- Seacroft Marine
- Star Cruises
- VT Flagship Ltd
- Timavo Ships Supply
- Brittany Ferries
- HM Coastguards
- Gosport Ferries Ltd
- PMC marine safety
- Irish Ferries
- Regularly exported to rescue professionals in 26 countries worldwide, with the USA, Australia and Germany being our biggest markets.
Moving and handling heavy items carries certain risks. Please read and distribute these guides to all involved in using our training dummies
Flame retardant Polyester - conforms to BS EN ISO 15025:2002.
High density polypropylene webbing for reinforcing and lifting loop - 25mm rated to 207Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg.
Non-absorbent closed cell foam - provides bouyancy and padding.
Made in the UK - all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2008 standards.
||NATO Stock No
Related Manikin Accessories
New products, Forthcoming Events, Special Offers, Expert Insight.
CONNECT WITH US
Join the Ruth Lee community.
Talk :: Chat :: Contribute :: Engage
For Professionals Who Save Lives