Many customers have asked us about a thermal imaging manikin - but instead of creating a manikin which had this capability, we designed a special suit to dress your existing manikin, giving instant thermal imaging capabilities, with more flexibility.
“Students have been impressed with how realistic the casualty looks. We were even accused of having an instructor acting as a casualty”.
Ian Hughes | Watch Manager Trainer at Severn Park Fire & Rescue Training Centre
RUTH LEE THERMAL IMAGING SUIT – RLNTS24
Our Thermal Imaging Suit was designed to meet the growing demand for teams to be able to train for rescues using thermal imaging technology within the fire service and SAR community.
Thermal Imaging is increasingly important, not only within the fire service, allowing for faster and more accurate body searches in poor visibility environments, but also with a large number of search and rescue teams who may use thermal imaging (including from helicopters and drones) to locate victims.
Our innovative Thermal Imaging suit can be worn by any adult Ruth Lee manikin (up to 90kg) and then a special overall (included in the price) is placed over the thermal suit to provide protection and to help evenly distribute the heat for better imaging using thermal cameras.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- This innovative design was created specifically for use with Ruth Lee Rescue Training Manikins, letting users replicate a highly accurate human body form when using thermal imaging cameras during rescue training scenarios.
- We have extensively tested this product with thanks to Severn Park Training Centre and several UK based Fire and Rescue Services. During testing, the FLIR Thermal Imaging Cameras were used.
- The Thermal Imaging Suit is easy to put onto a manikin or to remove as required - it is constructed from a strong, woven material that has a good degree of stretch, and which allows for fast dispersal of heat across the whole body of the manikin, including a hood which covers the head.
- The suit is supplied with an overall which must be worn over the top of the thermal imaging suit – this will protect it from damage and prolong the life of the product.
- The suit, battery and charger come complete in a Ruth Lee holdall for safe storage when not in use.
- The suit can be put into the washing machine if it becomes soiled.
- For flexibility in your scenarios, the battery can be used like a mobile phone whereby the suit is pre-heated and then used for approx. 1-2 hours (depending on ambient temperature – the battery life will deplete faster in colder temperatures), or alternatively, the battery is attached in a holster on the side of the leg.
- Having the battery attached prolongs the usage time to approx. 2-3 hours (depending on ambient temperature), especially useful for search and rescue (SAR) or Urban SAR operations.
- If the battery is running low, you can plug in for 30 mins to give between 1-2 hours operational time (depending on the ambient temperature).
- The battery has a watertight e-o cord connector, a piezo switch, and an over-pressure valve and features a built-in blue LED system which lets you know how much charge remains in the battery.
- One-touch turns the battery one and the current battery life is displayed via a blue LED on the e-or cord connector. The number of flashes indicates the amount of charge left in the battery (3 flashes 60-100%), 2 flashes (30-60%) and 1 flash (less than 30%). If no light is omitted the battery is fully discharged and requires a full recharge.
- Battery charger included.
WATCH THE VIDEO USING THE NAVIGATION BELOW TO SEE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Available worldwide through a network of Distributors. Find your local stockist using our map, or call 01490 413 282
*Patent Application Pending